When entering the unit the musty smell was medium to low. There are signs of moisture damage across the ceiling and around a sprinkler in the bedroom; there is also black mold on the ceiling above the shower and black mold found behind the water heater in the closet with the HVAC unit. The owner stated that this room was unoccupied most of the summer and the moisture was not discovered right away; once they found it the carpet and most items in this room was very moldy.
Sanitization and RemediationBedroom/Bathroom:
· Remove all furniture from the bedroom and wipe down each item thoroughly with solution and set in the dining room area for sanitization.
· Set residential air sanitizers in strategic locations throughout the home to eliminate existing spores that occur normally and will be excessive once the spraying begins.
· Place a commercial blaster at the air handler to eliminate any spores in the ductwork throughout the process.
· Contain and vent the bedroom/bathroom separately from the rest of the home since the major contamination is in that area.
· Set commercial air sanitizing units and a 20” box fan for circulation in the bed/bath area.
· Ventilation shall be at the front window of the bedroom.
· Remove drywall from the ceiling around the sprinkler in the bedroom, and back toward the bathroom as much as necessary to expose any and all contaminated framing materials.
· Remove the drywall from the ceiling, above the shower/tub and possibly the divider wall between the bath and closet.
· Remove the drywall from the ceiling above the water heater and possibly the divider wall between the bath and mechanical closet.
· Remove any decay, or rot from any exposed wooden members that are necessary and not structural.
· Saturate the exposed materials with solution to eliminate all fungi in these areas.
· Spray oxidizing solution repeatedly until no signs of mold remains, drying between applications.
· Remove and dispose the carpeting and pad in the bedroom and spray oxidizing solution on the floor surface to eliminate any growth.
· Remove, bag and dispose of all drywall and any insulation, and all loose debris from the premise.
down all solid surfaces to remove any dead mold spores and vacuum all areas
with hepa vacuum system.